Friday, April 3, 2009

Pinstripe Pride


I literally just got back home from the first ever game played in the new Yankee stadium, which the Yankees won 7-4 against the Cubs with three home runs, one a 3-run shot by Alex's replacement Cody Ransom. I gotta say this stadium is dope. Me and my friend, and new fellow blogger, Jake sat in the bleachers in right field right behind Damon, and the first thing we noticed was how close ALL the seats were. It looked as if the field was tiny, and it gave the feel of (as Jake put it) an intimate setting. I was expecting to not be able to see anything, but as the game started my section was even able to see balls and strikes. The TV was huge, the balls were flying, Jet er got the clubs first hit, and the first pitch was thrown by Reggie Jackson. It was perfect. I am giddy with anticipation for the day I get to tell my grand kids I went to the first game in the new Yankee Stadium. 

1 comment: